Sirma Medical Systems is glad to announce that Assoc. Prof. Radka Savova is joining as a medical advisor in the future development of its award-winning app – Diabetes:M.
Assoc. Prof. Savova is one of the most respected experts in her field, both in Bulgaria and abroad. Her specialty is Pediatric endocrinology and diabetology, epidemiology of diabetes, functional tests for the investigation of the autonomic nervous system, insulin pump therapy.
In her long and successful career, she has worked with many local and international teams to further research and develop diabetic treatments for pediatric patients. She is a member of many international organizations, such as ISPAD, ESPE, EASD.
Since 2015, she is an Assoc. professor at the University Pediatric Hospital, Clinic of Endocrinology and Diabetes in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Savova,R., Popova, K.Koprivarova, M.Konstantinova,B.Angelova, M.Atanasova,S,Goranova,V.Christov,K.Kalinov. Clinical and laboratory characteristics of Type I (insulin dependent) diabetes mellitus at presentation among Bulgarian children. Diabet.Res.Clin.Practice 1996; 34(Suppl):S159-S163
- Naumova E., Konstantinova M, Ivanova M, Koprivarova K, Michailova A, Busson M, Savova R. HLA class II associations with IDDM in population of Bulgaria. Acta Medica Bulgarica, XXVIII, 2001, 94-100.
- Bessaoud,K.,Boudraa,G.,Molinero de Ropolo,M et al. WHO Multinational Project for Childhood Diabetes Research group: Bulgaria: R.Savova, V.Christov . Incidence and trends of childhood Type 1 diabetes worldwide 1990-1999. Diabetic Medicine 2006; 23(8) 857-866
- Elisa De Franco, Charles Shaw-Smith, Sarah E. Flanagan, Maggie H. Shepherd, International NDM Consortium,* Andrew T. Hattersley, and Sian Ellard Members of the International NDM Consortium: Ilker Akkurt1, Holger Blessing2, Ondrej Cinek3, Ethel Codner4, Vaseem Hakeem5, Raoul Hennekam6, Ina Knerr7, Wilma Oostdijk8, Radka Savova9, Zdenek Sumnik3, Susanne Thiele10, Tracy Tinklin11, Verena Wagner10 . GATA6 Mutations Cause a Broad Phenotypic Spectrum of Diabetes From Pancreatic Agenesis to Adult-Onset Diabetes Without Exocrine Insuffi Diabetes 2013; 62(3): 993-997
- Savova R., Arshinkova M., Houghton J., Konstantinova M., Gaydarova , Georgieva E., Popova G., Genova, V., Tomova N., Anadoliiska A., Koprivarova K. Clinical case of Immune Dysregulation, Polyendocrinopaty, Enteropathy, X-linked (IPEX) syndrome with severe immune deficiency and late onset of endocrinopathy and enteropathy. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Case Reports in Medicine. Volume 2014, Article ID 564926, 5 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/564926
- Konstantinova, M., Arshinkova, M., Savova R. Insulin pump treatment in children aged 3.0-6.0 years in Bulgaria: Sustaining the optimal control. International Journal of Development Research, 2015; 5(2): pp. xxxxx
- Konstantinova, R. Savova, M. Arshinkova, N. Tomova, N. Miteva,I. Stoeva. Anthropometric, biochemical and hormonal indices in childhood obesity. Appetite 2015; 89:314. DOI:10.1016/j.appet.2014.12.046 ·
- Radka Savova, Elisa De Franco, Charles Shaw-Smith, Ralitza Georgieva, Maia Konstantinova, Margarita Archinkova, Emilia Panteleeva, Anna Kaneva, Rumen Marinov, Sian Ellard & Andrew Hattersley. Marked intrafamilial variability of exocrine and endocrine pancreatic phenotypes due to a splice site mutation in GATA6. Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment. https://doi.org/10.1080/13102818.2017.1400402
- Margarita Arsinkova, Maia Konstantinova, Radka Savova, Violeta Iotova, Chayka Petrova, Narcis Kaleva, Kalinka Koprivarova, Galina Popova, Reni Koleva, Veselin Boyadzhev, Wilchelm Mladenov. Glycemic control in type 1 diabetes mellitus among Bulgarian children and adolescents: the results from the First and the Second National Examination of HbA. Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment. DOI: 10.1080/13102818.2017.1379360. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13102818.2017.1379360.
ISPAD, ESPE, EASD
Bulgarian Society of Endocrinology
Bulgarian Society of Pediatric Endocrinology
Bulgarian Society of Pediatrics