One of the biggest challenges for people with type 2 diabetes is managing their weight and adhering to a diet. Nutrition plans created by certified diabetes dietitians, are one of the best ways to help with this issue. However, many patients have trouble adhering to the recommendations, therefore missing the results. Diabetes:M Monitor offers numerous opportunities for Registered Diabetes Nutritionists and Dieticians to monitor clients remotely. By registering a user as a patient on the platform, you can access all the relevant information about the client’s condition, including their eating habits, exercise routine, and medication intake. The platform lets you monitor the client’s adherence to а nutrition plan as well as other vital elements such as glucose levels and blood pressure readings. These crucial aspects of a person’s health can explain why a certain strategy is not working. Find the reason why everything seems to be going to plan yet there are no results present, and much more.
How Diabetes:M Monitor helps for the creation and adherence to a nutrition plan
- You need to make a food plan for a diabetes patient struggling with their weight.
- To gain a better understanding of the client’s condition, you look at the Statistics tab to see the current weight and BMI of the patient, as well as their recommended calorie intake per day at this moment.
- You create a personalized food plan aiming to help the client achieve their health goal.
- The food plan begins, and the patient sticks to all the recommendations. The user regularly logs their food and insulin intake in the Diabetes:M app.
- The system automatically presents this data collected from the user to you. This comes in the form of charts and statistics in the Meal/Insulin/Diary tabs of Diabetes:M Monitor.
- The patient performs a daily physical activity and logs it in the mobile app.
- You access this information through the Diary tab and see what type of physical activity the client did, during what time of the day it was, and how long it lasted.
- This dynamic continues throughout the whole period of the nutrition plan.
- The client concludes the nutrition plan and achieves the goal they were striving for.
Find the reason behind any missing results
- The client consumes the meals from the recommended nutrition plan but still has spikes and crashes in their blood sugar happening way too often.
- You open the Diary tab and find out that the patient eats their breakfast and lunch altogether instead of 3 hours apart as recommended in the plan.
- You check the Charts tab and notice that the client takes the correct amount of insulin according to the number of carbs consumed for breakfast and lunch but still has glucose levels out of range.
- Back in the Diary tab, you check the exercise routine of the client. The user has not completed the recommended 30 minutes of exercise for the day, explaining why their blood sugar remained high.
- You contact the patient and explain why the plan is not working properly.
Discover crucial additional aspects of a client’s health
- The client tries to follow the nutrition plan but sometimes ignores it and goes back to old habits such as smoking and consuming foods with a high level of saturated fats.
- You monitor the patient’s progress, and while looking at the Charts tab, you notice a spike in the user’s Cholesterol levels.
- You decide to consult with the patient’s diabetes doctor and generate a report to send to them. This is done through the Reports tab in Diabetes:M Monitor. The selected report focuses on the Cholesterol and Blood Pressure levels of the client.
- After a conversation with the diabetes doctor, you advise the patient to follow the nutrition plan strictly as their blood pressure and cholesterol are dangerously high and require urgent improvement.
- As a result, the client starts following the nutrition plan precisely, and you make sure of it by monitoring their progress with Diabetes:M Monitor
Diabetes:M Monitor is the ultimate tool for nutrition professionals working in the field of diabetes.
Provide the care your clients deserve by choosing a plan today!